Terminal and Facility Audits
When you are looking for third-party storage terminals in which to store your products, you need to know that the management of the terminal is competent and that the operating personnel are properly trained.
SGS provides auditing and assessment services to ensure that third-party storage terminals meet with your company’s minimum Health Safety Security Environment (HSSE) requirements.
What our terminal auditors cover
The storage and handling facilities need to meet your requirements in terms of:
- Technical and safety standards
- Operating and maintenance standards
- Inventory control standards
- Environmental and regulatory compliance and concerns
Our auditors will physically inspect the nominated third-party storage terminal, providing ample notice.
The following aspects of the storage operation will be assessed:
- The company management, including structure, experience, resources, attitudes towards safety and quality service and future plans
- The company’s occupational health, safety and environmental policy, its communication to staff, definition of responsibilities, implementation and monitoring arrangements
- The company’s facilities, including location range of tank sizes and road, rail and sea receipt, dispatch facilities and physical condition
- Safety precautions and emergency procedures
- Operating, maintenance and inventory control practices and procedures
- Training and recruitment policy and procedures
- Internal safety and quality auditing practices
- Performance monitoring arrangements
How our teams work
The assessment will be carried out based on the SGS terminal assessment questionnaire. These questionnaires can be modified to meet your needs and requirements. Upon completion of the audit, a closed-out meeting will be held with terminal management to report on our findings and recommendations.
A preliminary summary report is sent to our clients within 24 hours, followed by full report in seven days.
Find out more about how SGS can help you assess the competency and standards of your terminal service providers.Email us