Consumer Goods and Retail Furniture Chemical Testing
Ensure the safety and compliance of furniture products and mattresses with chemical testing services for furniture from SGS.
A wide range of raw materials and coating materials are used in the furniture industry to provide reliable products with a pleasing finish. We offer you comprehensive chemical testing services for furniture products to ensure that all the materials used in construction and finishing comply with the applicable regulations, and be safe.
We can help you confirm compliance with standards including:
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Annex XVII –Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006
- Regulation (EC) 850/2004 ‘Persistent Organic Pollutants’ (POPs)
- Formaldehyde Emissions Standards for Composite Wood Products, Title VI of the TSCA (US EPA)
- VOC emissions
- A wide range of applicable national regulations, covering the chemical requirements for plastics, wood, paint, fabric and leather
Comprehensive Chemical Testing for the Furniture Industry
As a world-leading provider of inspection, testing, verification and certification services, we offer you unrivaled experience in providing chemical testing for the furniture industry. Our global network of laboratories can conduct the tests you require to ensure the safety and compliance of your products.
We offer a comprehensive range of chemical tests, including:
- Formaldehyde content/emission
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Azo dye content
- Pentachlorophenol (PCP) content
- Heavy metal analysis
- Flame retardant products
- Nickel release
- Short chain chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs)
Why Choose Chemical Testing for Furniture from SGS?
As a world-leading provider of inspection, testing, verification and certification services for the furniture industry, we offer you unrivaled expertise in mechanical testing for your furniture. With a worldwide presence and a global network of laboratories and experts, we can provide you with mechanical testing for furniture, wherever and whenever you need it.
All our testing laboratories are ISO 17025 accredited by well-known authorities such as HOKLAS, COFRAC, UKAS, VNAS, and CNAS, amongst others.
To discuss the chemical testing requirements for your furniture products, contact us today.