Transportation High Altitude Engine and Vehicle Testing
High altitude engine and vehicle testing from SGS – specialized testing, certification, calibration and development for your engines and vehicles at altitude.
High altitude calibration development and certification of light duty (LD) vehicles, heavy duty (HD) vehicles, machinery and engines require highly specialized testing facilities capable of producing precise environmental conditions. Our high altitude testing services provide you with the dedicated environment you need.
Why choose high altitude engine and vehicle testing from SGS?
We can help you:
- Run the entire “not-to-exceed” test (NTE) in a single test cell
- Execute development work in a controlled laboratory environment, then drive test properties immediately in real world conditions up to altitudes of 14,000 ft. above sea level for validation
- Perform immediate reference tests to compare with previous results at any altitude using Balancing Altitude Simulation Equipment (BASE™), our proprietary, patented altitude simulation system
- Schedule test activities without concern for the risk of uncertain weather conditions
- Perform all of these functions in proximity to a metro area featuring easy travel, world-class accommodation and a full range of services
Trusted high altitude engine and vehicle testing from the world’s leading provider
As a global leader in vehicle and engine certification and testing services, we offer you unrivaled experience and expertise in all aspects of high altitude engine and vehicle testing. We provide high altitude testing services for customers throughout the transportation industry, including those in the automotive, off-road and aerospace industries.
Located at 1,660m (5,450 ft.) above sea level, our testing facility just outside of Denver, Colorado is dedicated to high altitude calibration development and certification for LD and HD vehicles. Additionally, through the use of BASE, we can test at altitudes ranging from 0m to over 1,670m (5,500 ft.) above sea level. Our operations comply with ISO 17025 and ISO Standard 14001:2004 for environmental management.
We also operate a cold chamber user facility in the Rocky Mountains at over 2,750m (9,000 ft.) above sea level. Here we are able to soak vehicles at temperatures as low as -29⁰C year round for true high altitude cold-start and drivability validation.
To find out more about our high altitude testing, contact us today.